Men’s serums: we already discussed the best anti-aging serums for men. In this post, we’ll be taking a look at the best organic men’s serums to target different skin issues.
An organic face serum might sound very sci-fi to some men but, as most organic skincare products, they are steadily growing in popularity these days. And for good reasons!
When it comes to buying organic men’s serum for the face, there are a number of different things to consider. We’ll be taking a look at some of the best organic men’s serums available, but first we’ll discuss their benefits and explain why you should start using not only a face serum, but one that is organic.
Face serums provide a number of benefits and they can be found under numerous different organic skincare brands. Some are designed especially for men, while others are a little more versatile and can be used by both men and women.
Men today will usually want a face serum that is designed especially for them. Male skin is thicker and therefore finding a face serum designed especially for men will often provide better results.
However, there are a few exceptions. We will see that, in some specific cases, the serum’s quality is so exceptional that it can be used for both men and women.
Let’s begin our deep dive into organic men’s serums by examining the difference between organic and synthetic ingredients. This is often the first thing you’ll need to decide when choosing which face serum to try.
Organic VS Synthetic skincare products
Like many beauty and cosmetic products, face serums can be made from organic ingredients, synthetic ones, or a mixture of the two.
Synthetic ingredients can include a wide range of different chemical compounds. These ingredients have been man-made and are designed to provide a range of different benefits. However, they also carry a much higher risk of potentially harmful side-effects than natural ingredients.
For example, artificial coloring and fragrances, which can also be used in face serums, could irritate your skin. They could also cause a rash, discoloration in your skin, or something more serious. Therefore, people who have particularly sensitive skin should avoid synthetic face serums whenever possible.
Organic skincare usually offers the best results for all skin types. Organic or natural ingredients are sourced from things like plants or fruit. These natural extracts contain a number of vitamins and minerals in high concentration, but without any potentially harmful side-effects.
benefits of organic skincare products
There are 5 main benefits of organic skincare products:
- Natural and organic ingredients are derived from plants that are grown without the use of pesticides, herbicides, synthetic fertilizers, genetically modified organisms (GMOs), and other additives or chemicals.
- Plants grown organically are found to contain a higher level of vital antioxidant vitamins than non-organic plants.
- Up to 95% of an organic skincare product’s contents are active ingredients. In synthetic skincare products, active ingredients only make up 5-10% of their contents.
- Organic skincare products are cruelty-free as they don’t need to be tested on animals to ensure that they are safe for human use.
- By using organic products, you’re helping to minimize your environmental impact, as organic farming causes lower pollution from pesticide and fertilizer sprays, and produces less carbon dioxide and less dangerous wastes.
Can you see why we always recommend buying organic skincare products? And men’s serums are no exception!
men’s serums FAQS
Face serums are made up of small molecules that can penetrate deeply into the skin and deliver a very high concentration of active ingredients. Most often, serums are clear, gel-based or liquid, and they tend to be less thick than a moisturizer.
It depends. Anti-aging face serums should ideally be used after you turn 25, in your late 20s or early 30s as your skin begins to lose collagen, becoming drier and leading to the first signs of aging. But men’s serums can deliver a range of different benefits other than anti-aging, so it is possible to start using them even earlier. Check our next section to find out more.
Serums and moisturizers help the skin in different ways. Serums are typically thinner and lighter than moisturizers and have active ingredients that can penetrate deeper into the skin. Men’s serums are not meant to replace your moisturizer but can be used to boost its hydrating effects. For this reason, you should always apply a serum directly to your skin after cleansing or toning and before your moisturizer and sunscreen.
Men should use face serum twice daily! Because serum is lighter than a face cream and delivers active ingredients to the skin quickly, it goes on first, after you’ve cleansed your skin and before applying moisturizer. Sunscreen should be applied over the serum in the morning, and a moisturizer based on your skin type should be used over the serum at night.
What Do men’s Serums Do?
As mentioned above, a serum’s small molecules mean that active ingredients can penetrate more deeply into the skin, where they deploy their benefits most effectively.
Serums are used to address a variety of skincare issues. For example, there are anti-aging serums, skin brightening serums, and acne prevention serums. We’ve listed some of their main benefits below.
- Hydrating: Face serums are similar to moisturizers in many ways although they aren’t exactly the same thing. But a good face serum will have amazing hydrating properties which will help ensure your skin doesn’t dry out. Hydrated skin doesn’t just look healthier and smoother it will also be plumper, suppler, and stronger. It will also help fight off the early signs of aging and improve overall skin elasticity. For their hydrating properties alone it’s easy to recommend a face serum.
- Anti-Aging: We talked about this briefly earlier but while face serums aren’t specially designed for combatting those early signs of aging they can certainly help. Because of their impressive hydrating properties, a face serum can help strengthen skin cells and reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
Face serums are particularly useful because many of the early signs of aging will appear around your face, especially your eyes. With their added anti-oxidants, a face serum will be sure to help you look and feel younger.
- Acne: Some face serums are designed especially for acne or oily skin. They will help your skin stay clear and clean your pores all at the same time. If you have particularly oily skin or suffer from acne then utilizing a face serum could be a big help.
General all-purpose face serums aren’t designed to clean away the oil of your skin either. As these oils are actually very beneficial but a face serum will help balance these oils to ensure your skin stays healthy.
- Stronger Skin: A face serum will help ensure the skin around your face stay stronger and healthier for longer. By hydrating your skin, it will be stronger and better protected against free radicals and other aggressors.
Because face serums work deeply in your skin they can even improve your skin’s natural ability to flush out toxins. This natural detox-process will help your skin look younger, healthier, brighter, and restore your natural glow.
Things to Consider When Buying A Face Serum For Men
There are quite a few things to think about when it comes to buying a men’s serum.
- Designed for men: look for a product that is specially designed for male skin. Thankfully, nowadays the male-focused beauty market is always expanding so you will likely have plenty of options.
- Targeting specific needs: You may also want to look for a face serum with a special focus (hydration, anti-aging, oily skin…). However, in most cases looking for a general face serum will still provide you with a wide range of benefits.
- Organic: As we said earlier, looking for an organic face serum will also provide better results for the vast majority of people. Organic face serums have proven to be very popular with both men and women and you can find many fully organic, natural face serums available.
- Price: If you are already experienced when it comes to hair and beauty cosmetics, then you likely already know that they can be quite expensive. This isn’t true in all cases, but face serums do tend to be more expensive than other skincare products. However, being that they’re full of potent ingredients, a little goes a long way, and the more expensive luxurious ones aren’t always going to be the better option for your skin.
Now that you know more about face serums, let’s take a look at some of the best organic men’s serums available to buy.
Valuxxo Firming Face Serum
This amazingly light serum helps all types of skin appear smoother and more radiant.
It protects, rejuvenates, and nourishes the skin thanks to its unique combination of natural and organic ingredients, such as Hemp Seed Oil, Aloe Vera, Hyaluronic Acid, Emullium Mellifera, Jojoba Oil, Olive Oil.
With 99% of the total ingredients from natural origin and 87% from organic farming, this firming face serum is a must-have for any man that wishes to achieve a radiant and younger-looking complexion, while also being environmentally conscious.
Let’s have a look at each of the main ingredients and describe their incredible properties.
- HEMP SEED OIL
Our superstar ingredient combats skin dehydration by feeding and nurturing the skin with essential fatty acids, such as Omega 3, Omega 6 and GLA at the perfect ratio.
- HYALURONIC ACID
Reduces deep wrinkles, while firming and improving skin texture by forming a film at the surface of the skin, thus offering optimal hydration and protection from external aggressions.
- ALOE VERA
A powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent that helps to improve the skin’s natural firmness and hydration.
- EMULIUM MELLIFERA
A revolutionary emulsifier that makes the products adaptable to climate, environment and different skin types. This ingredient won a gold medal in “Cosmetics Europe Awards 2014” for its novelty and ability to meet the expectations of all consumers.
- NATURAL AND ORGANIC OILS
All products are enriched with a balance of certified vegan and natural oils to nourish the skin, maintain its elasticity and firmness and protect it from water loss. These include:
- SHEA BUTTER. High concentrations of fatty acids and vitamins make shea butter an ideal cosmetic ingredient for conditioning, toning, and soothing skin.
- OLIVE OIL. A powerful antioxidant to prevent oxidation and premature aging.
- JOJOBA OIL. Very similar to our own skin oils, it immediately penetrates skin and smoothes easily, helping promote healthy, glowing skin without clogging pores.
- INCA ICHI OIL. Rich in antioxidant components and vitamin E, this oil restores the suppleness and comfort of tired or mature skin and generously nourishes younger skin.
- SQUALANE. Packed with antioxidants that help fight skin damage and free radicals, also boosts collagen production, resulting in firmer skin.
Regular use of these ingredients will guarantee to keep your skin healthy, hydrated and soothed. The result? A radiant and younger-looking complexion, thanks to the power of nature combined with the latest technologies.
Visit the store to find out more about the Valuxxo Hemp Skincare line.
JASON C-Effects Hyper-C Serum
The JASON brand believes in the power of nature’s ingredients to improve everyday wellness. They are pioneers of safer, wholesome personal care since 1959.
Packed with plant and fruit extracts, this face serum will help cleanse your skin deep down. Ingredients include Aloe, Camellia Leaf Extract, Orange Fruit Extract, and more. With these powerful ingredients, this serum offers many great benefits from cleaning your skin to combatting the early signs of aging.
The serum can also help combat acne and will help promote a more even skin tone. With a fantastic multi-antioxidant formula and powerful vitamins, this serum will strengthen your skin and protect it from free radical damage.
dermedicine 5 In 1 Face Serum
Suitable for all skin types, this face serum is sure to be a popular choice and, with regular use, it could show its effects in just a few weeks! It’s also cruelty-free and free of parabens, sulfates, artificial dyes, and chemical fragrances.
- REDUCED APPEARANCE OF FINE LINES AND WRINKLES
This serum contains the highest concentrations allowable of active ingredients such as:
- Vitamin C
- Hyaluronic Acid
These powerful ingredients all work together to promote skin that appears more youthful-looking. Regular use may improve appearance of skin color, helping to reduce the appearance of fine lines under eyes, crows feet, lip, smile lines and appearance of forehead wrinkles for brighter looking skin.
- BRIGHTER AND MORE EVEN-LOOKING COMPLEXION
The advanced formula may help brighten and improve your sink’s complexion. This serum uses a potent form of Vitamin C that offers antioxidant nourishment that may help reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation, dark spots, discolorations, age spots, etc. All issues associated with age, sun exposure, hormones, birth control pills, sunburn, and occasional breakouts.
- SUITABLE FOR ALL SKIN TYPES
Effective yet gentle enough for sensitive, mature, and aging skin types. Within approximately 7-10 days, skin will feel softer, appear smoother, look plumper more hydrated. With regular use, after 4-6 weeks some users reported a brighter-looking glowing complexion along with skin that appears plumper and feels more supple.
Brickell Men’s Day and Night Serum
Brickell is another popular name when it comes to men’s beauty and skincare products. With natural, organic ingredients, this powerful serum can help in many ways and is sure to become a fast favorite. While it is quite expensive it’s certainly very high-quality and can help repair skin cell damage, boost collagen production, and provide a more even and healthy skin tone.
Thanks to these great properties this serum can also help tackle the early signs of aging as well. The organic ingredients include plant extracts, green tea, vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, and many more.
With only natural and certified ingredients this face serum is sure to be a great choice.
Total Activation Face Serum
With green tea, vitamin C, aloe, hyaluronic acid, and more powerful, natural ingredients, this fantastic face serum will be sure to help your face look younger and feel stronger, while also fighting sun damage, improving skin tone and improve your skin’s natural defenses.
- OUTSTANDING RESULTS FOR A VISIBLE ‘FACELIFT’ WITHIN A FEW APPLICATIONS
The anti-aging collagen boosting serum for the face is precisely formulated to help your skin heal naturally and rejuvenate collagen production. The result is younger, tighter looking skin with a visible reduction in fine lines and wrinkles.
- DARK SPOT CORRECTOR AND AGE SPOT REMOVER
This anti-aging serum is a superior alternative to expensive dark spot correctors. It visibly reduces the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots, age spots, crow’s feet, and saggy skin.
- MULTI-PURPOSE FORMULA PACKED WITH NATURAL & ORGANIC INGREDIENTS
This serum, designed for both men and women, leads the field as a multi-purpose product packed with over 10 natural, botanical-based skin firming activators. Natural ingredients include: Vitamin C, Green Tea Extract, Cassia Seed (Mimics Hyaluronic Acid benefits), Geranium Extract (Wild Geranium), Organic Jojoba, Aloe Vera, Organic Gotu Kola.
men’s Serums: conclusions
So, now you know everything you need about face serums for men. Face serums really do offer some amazing benefits, and even more so if they are made of natural, organic ingredients.
Let’s recap some of the benefits we discussed in this post, and which specific ingredients you need to choose to target different skin issues.
- Acne-prone / oily skin. Look for a serum that contains:
- vitamin C (increases collagen production, enhances skin’s repair process, and reduces inflammation)
- retinol (an antioxidant, reduces inflammation)
- zinc (soothes irritation, regulates oil production)
- salicylic acid (unclogs pores).
- Dry skin. Look for a serum that contains:
- vitamin E (antioxidant, protects cells from oxidative damage)
- niacinamide (improves skin elasticity, increases ceramide levels in skin)
- glycolic acid (gently exfoliates and lightens discoloration)
- hyaluronic acid (retains moisture)
- Dull, sun-damaged, aging skin. Look for a serum that contains all the above ingredients, plus antioxidants (like green tea extract, resveratrol, ferulic acid…). Antioxidants combat free radicals, and also help increase the effectiveness of sunscreen by day, promoting cellular repair and healing by night.
Remember: powerful ingredients can irritate sensitive skin. Hence, opting for an organic option is even more important when it comes to face serums, because going organic will help you avoid the potentially harmful effects of synthetic ingredients as well. Also, many men will prefer the feel, consistency, and fragrance of natural organic face serums, as synthetic face serums can be quite greasy or heavy, with strong fragrances as well.
When it comes to male skincare and beauty in general, opting for the organic natural choice will likely always be the better option. And with so many great organic face serums available finding one that suits you shouldn’t be too difficult.
A good face serum can be an invaluable part of any man’s grooming kit and while they may be expensive more budget-friendly options are available. Also, keep in mind that because serums are super potent, more is not always better. So a bottle of men’s serum might be more expensive than a regular moisturizer, but it will last a long time.
If you are new to male beauty and skincare products and only really have experience with the basics then a face serum can make a great introductory product.
It will help your face look younger, brighter, and feel softer, smoother, and stronger. Which in turn will help any man feel more confident in his skin!
Our list includes many of the great men’s face serums to try, so you can get started with one of the above. Just make sure it’s organic!
You might be interested in: