Crow’s feet lines are not gender-specific, but they are particularly prominent in men.
They are sometimes referred to as under-eye wrinkles and appear during simple facial expressions, such as smiling or laughing. Sometimes these creases remain imprinted on the face even after laughing.
Since we can’t stop expressing our joy just to conceal smile lines. The best approach is to find a lasting solution to these under-eye wrinkles.
Botox is among other go-to remedies for crow’s feet. However, you may want to avoid it due to one reason or the other. Either because you don’t like injectables, you are wary of the side effects of botox or you are not a good candidate for botox.
The amazing news is that there are several easier ways to get rid of crow’s feet lines instead of subscribing to high-end treatments such as botox for crow’s feet.
In this article, we will discuss the causes of under-eye wrinkles and the various remedies available to get rid of them aside from botox.
Crow’s feet Lines causes
The main cause of wrinkles around the eyes is age. As we age, our skin starts to lose its elasticity, making it harder for the skin to bounce back into place when we smile or squint. Eventually, the skin starts to form wrinkles. These lines can be static (wrinkle lines are visible at all times even when the facial muscles are at rest or dynamic (lines appear when you make a facial expression such as a smile.
- Sun damage
This is another cause of crow’s feet. Exposure to the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays can damage the connective tissues in your skin, leading to premature aging. UV light also causes dark spots and discoloration, making the onset of crow’s feet even more noticeable. To prevent sun damage and keep the wrinkles at bay, apply sunscreen every day before you head out into the sun.
Gene plays a key factor in how crow’s feet develop. With this, crow’s feet are noticeable, even when smiling. If your parents have developed wrinkles around their eyes, there is a good chance you will too. It is essential to keep a wrinkle-free lifestyle to keep your crow’s feet at bay.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption
These two habits can also contribute to wrinkles around your eyes and nose. Heredity plays a significant factor in the development of crow’s feet, but smoking and drinking can also accelerate the aging process. Smokers are at a higher risk for skin cancer, which increases the chances of wrinkles.
Smoking and alcohol consumption are the major causes of crow’s feet at tender ages, such as crow’s feet at 18 and crow’s feet at 25.
- Excessive use of facial muscles
This is another prominent cause of crow’s feet lines. When you squint, smile, or frown excessively, you put unnecessary strain on the muscles that regulate your eyes. This could lead to the development of crow’s feet, which are wrinkles that appear on the eyes’ sides and can further make the crow’s feet worse on one side of the face than the other.
How to get rid of crow’s feet Lines without botox
Botox, also referred to as Botulinum toxin, is a neurotoxic protein produced by Clostridium botulinum, a species of bacteria.
When injected into a muscle, Botox interferes with the nerves’ ability to send chemical impulses that normally cause the muscle to contract. Forehead and eye wrinkles are the most common cosmetic indication for these injections. Botox temporarily relaxes the underlying facial muscles responsible for wrinkle formation.
Why not Botox?
Botox treatment has several side effects which include and are not limited to:
- Bruising at the injection site
- Symptoms of flu
- Worst of all, droopy eyelids or crooked eyebrows
Aside from the side effects of botox, people with underlying health issues, thick skin or facial muscle weakness may not be good candidates for botox.
Several other means of fighting crow’s feet without botox include;
- Men’s Revitalizing eye cream
- Chemical peel
- Dermal fillers
- Simple home remedies
A good Men’s Eye Cream
Eye creams such as Valuxxo Revitalizing Men’s Eye Cream are good at combating smile lines( crow’s feet). The eye cream contains active ingredients that rejuvenate and hydrate the delicate skin around the eye. Regular use of eye cream reduces aging signs such as fine lines by increasing the production of collagen, repairing damaged skin cells, hydrating the skin, and increasing skin elasticity and firmness.
Major ingredients in Valuxxo Men’s Revitalising Eye Cream include ;
- Hyaluronic acid: Research has consistently proven the anti-aging powers of hyaluronic acid. This valuable acid reduces facial wrinkles and improves eye skin firmness and elasticity. It hydrates the facial skin giving it a youthful and radiant look. It also forms a film on the surface of the skin to prevent external aggression.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera plant is an active skincare ingredient loaded with several antioxidant properties. It particularly contains molecules called sterols. According to research, sterols boost the production of collagen and natural hyaluronic acid. By improving skin textures, aloe vera reduces the appearance of wrinkles around the eyes.
- Olive oil: This natural oil acts as an antioxidant on the skin. It prevents cell oxidation and skin damage from UV rays that may cause premature aging.
- Jojoba oil: Jojoba oil is a powerful oil with a good concentration of vitamin E. Vitamin E is a beneficial antioxidant that remedies and prevents photodamage from UV rays. It also boosts the production of collagen and hydrates the skin. Thus, with all these properties, Jojoba oil reduces the appearance of fine lines.
- Hemp Seed oil: According to research hemp seed oil contains anti-oxidative properties that repair sun damage and prevent aging. It contains linoleic acid and oleic acids that can’t be produced by the body but play anti-aging roles on the skin. Lastly, hemp seed oil contains omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids that prevent skin dehydration.
Valuxxo men’s revitalizing eye cream is packed with several other beneficial ingredients for treating crow’s feet. For quick results, apply the eye cream to the skin around the eyes area up to the cheekbones in the morning and the evening.
Use of simple home remedies for fine lines
Below are some tested and trusted home remedies for crow’s feet
- Coconut oil
Coconut oil can nourish the skin due to the high percentage of linoleic acid and vitamin E, which can help heal damaged skin tissues. The onset of wrinkles and crow’s feet will be greatly delayed by using this.
Each night before bed, massage extra virgin coconut oil around your eyes. Apply some drops of oil to the skin, then rub it in gently.
- Aloe Vera gel
As stated earlier, aloe Vera is packed with vitamins and other antioxidant properties that help to keep your skin better moisturized. Using this amazing plant directly on your face can also get rid of wrinkles and other signs of aging in your skin.
Take a leaf, and squeeze out the gel inside the leaf.
Apply it to your face at night and leave it on. In the morning, rinse your face using cold water.
Avocado is another well-known skincare ingredient that has anti-aging properties. It is rich in vitamins such vitamins C and B, which help prevent premature aging.
Mix the inside of an avocado fruit with one tablespoon of olive oil. Apply this mixture to your face, and leave it for about 20 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water.
- Honey and Yogurt Mask
When you apply honey and yogurt to wrinkles, the natural enzymes and vitamins in these ingredients minimize their appearance. Yogurt contains lactic acid which helps to smooth out your skin, while honey has anti-bacterial properties.
Mix a tablespoon of plain yogurt with a tablespoon of honey until you get a paste-like consistency that is easy to apply to your face.
Apply it to the wrinkles and leave for at least 20 minutes before washing it off with warm water.
Without resorting to Botox, crow’s feet can be treated with the use of fillers. Hyaluronic acid and collagen are some of the naturally occurring components that dermal fillers comprise. They work by replenishing the skin’s missing structural elements. This helps to discreetly add volume to the skin, which in turn reduces the visibility of crow’s feet lines or wrinkles.
The outer layers of skin can be shed with the help of a chemical solution through a process known as a chemical peel. The skin that grows back is smoother. To see results from light or medium peel, you may need to have the treatment repeated.
A chemical peel helps eliminate some of the wrinkles that may later deepen into crow’s feet. If you battle with uneven skin tone or rough texture as well as crow’s feet, a chemical peel can be for you.
How to prevent crow’s feet Lines
- Try to stay out of the sun.
- Maintain a healthy diet. Feeding your body with antioxidant-rich foods like fresh produce, whole grains, and healthy oils will help prevent free radicals from damaging your skin.
- Put on some polarized sunglasses. Wear large, UV-blocking sunglasses to shield your eyes from the sun.
- Stop smoking. The free radicals created by smoking accelerate the aging process.
In everything you do, always lead a healthy life. Also, whichever remedy you choose for your crow’s feet lines, do not expect results to happen magically; it is a gradual process and at Valuxxo, we hold your hands through it all.